I decided to do this task so that i could see what goes into music videos depending on the genre. From completing this task, I learnt what would be most effective in my piece. Before doing this task, i though that indie and pop music videos were always very similar and that both usually had narrative based videos but by focusing on the different ways pop and indie song videos are made and whats in them, i have realised that they are very different. It has helped me think what type of music video I should do because pop songs have more of a narrative and indie music tends to focus on other ways of engaging the audience through use of colour and more direct shots of the singer/band singing.
However, I also thought that i could link the two together, weather it be a pop song with less narrative and more colour and singing or an indie song with a clear narrative and maybe a few cross cuts of singing.
No comments:
Post a Comment